It can be a real bother when you lose access to your business assets in Meta (Facebook and Instagram). Meta is constantly changing and have introduced new automated checks and measures to increase security. If you haven’t checked and updated your access levels lately, you might find you get locked out. If you have been resisting prompts to activate 2-step authentication, do it now, this is a requirement. Setup every form of 2-step authentication you can – App, SMS, Recovery Codes. Also, ensure you have more than one Administrator on your accounts, someone you trust… never rely on just one form of authentication or administrator, this is often the most common issue we encounter and it saves so much time if you can go to someone else who has the correct, full access.
- What happens if you loose your phone?
- What if you get hacked or locked out of Facebook and are unable to sign in?
- What is your personal profile gets deleted through no fault of your own and you cannot login? These things happen, so be prepared for the worst case scenario.
Make sure you have multiple backup plans in place before you end up in a frustrating loop with Meta Support. They will only help if you follow the process below, and may change this process at any time.
Please note, Meta is always changing and this information is correct at the time of publishing. If you have received support from Meta before, what may have worked in the past may no longer be an option. The biggest change to the process of claiming (or re-claiming) your business assets is that it can now only be initiated by the account owner, not an Agency (like us) acting on your behalf. That said, we’re a helpful bunch around here, and we have compiled the following instructions to make it easier for you to get what you need.
If Agent Digital has, or had, any access to your assets in the past, we can provide you with the signed letter you will need to for Meta Support, to get one, just make a request.
This information relates to making a claim on business Facebook pages, Ad accounts, Instagram accounts or other business assets that are rightfully yours. If you have are unable to login to your personal Facebook or Instagram account, this is considered a hack, and you need to go through the automated account recovery process.
Here are the requirements needed to submit a Page Admin dispute:
1. A copy of a valid government-issued photo ID, such as a current driver’s license or a passport, of the individual signing the statement. See the different kinds of IDs accepted in the Meta Help Center:
2. A signed statement from a person with sufficient knowledge and authority over this matter that includes all of the following (this is where we come in):
- A description of requestor relationship to the Business (and authority to request access to the Business, as applicable);
- An explanation of your request, and whether there has been a termination of the employment and/or business relationship with the named person(s)/Business, as applicable;
- The past three invoices/billing statements on the ad account(s) that the Business owns AND the last 4 digits of the credit card(s) on the account(s);
- A declaration that the information you have provided is true and accurate (e.g. “I certify that the information provided is true and accurate”) – your statement must include similar language.
- A statement saying you are requesting to have the current owning Business Account removed from the Page
The signed statement (letter, in PDF form) needs to be ordered in the following way:
- Page Name:
- Page URL:
- Person Name (Name of the person requesting this to proceed further):
- Person/Requester Contact Email add:
- Relationship of the Person to the Page:
- Name of the current Page Admin : (You can leave it blank if you do not know current Admin)
- What is the relationship of the above person to the Page:
- Explanation of the request made by the Requester, and whether there has been a termination of the employment and/or business relationship with the named person(s): (Mention “No termination or Not applicable”, if not applicable to advertiser’s scenario)
- New Admin Facebook profile URL (Facebook profile URL of the person you want to be added as admin):
- Business Category:
- Ad Account ID of the requester:
Once you have complied all this information into no more than 2 documents (1 letter, 1 ID) you will need to open a case and upload your documents with Meta Support.
If you need our help to write the Letter, just make a request and we can put it together for you, and send you the PDF file for signing and submission.
Standard hourly rates apply for any assistance from Agent Digital. All care provided, but no liability or guarantees can be made by Agent Digital on behalf of Meta Support.